If the Wordle puzzles continue like this, August will be one of the toughest months yet. After an extremely tough teaser to start the month, Wordle is back with another problematic puzzle for August 2. Thankfully, Express Online is here to help, courtesy of three spoiler-free hints for Wordle 409. Head to the bottom of the page for the latest selection of Wordle clues, and don’t forget to check back tomorrow for more hints. Good luck!
The word game that has taken social media feeds by storm, instructs players to figure out a five-letter word in just six guesses.
To master Wordle and solve those daily puzzles, pay close attention to the color of the tiles after each guess.
If the letter tile turns gray, the letter will not appear in the word you guess. If the tile turns yellow, the guessed letter is in the word, just not in the right place. When the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your stats and shows the number of correct answers you have achieved as well as your winning streak.
If you can’t solve the puzzle, you have to wait until the next day before a new Wordle comes out. You also lose your precious winning streak.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific tips for Wordle 409 on August 2…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try using a few vowels on your first guess, especially ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters like ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later, when you know better what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a good second guess.
• Check out Express Online’s daily tips below…
Wordle 409 hints and clues for August 2…
1. Wordle 409 starts with the letter C.
2. Wordle 409 contains one vowel.
3. One of the letters appears twice.